Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Autumn Colors

G'day

Been a while.  I have been catching up on my crochet project Snoopy and Woodstock graphgan.  Coming along nicely (with few hiccups along the way, but no matter, I keep calm and crochet on).  I am half way finished.

Anyways.  Always checking in to see what new challenges are around and again I found Mixed Media Card Challenge and Stamplorations Bi weekly challenge very interesting, using an autumn color theme and a new sketch.

My favorite colors of Autumn, yellow, red and orange, just gorgeous when you can create with Ranger Distress Inks with barn door and wild honey which blend in to make orange, especially when you use water spritzer.

Anyways, I bought more white 250gsm cardstock for my base cards at Office Works. (That was the main reason why I have not created more cards, I just ran out, who doesn't when one is having so much fun creating cards for all occasions).

Here is my card.

 


I squished wild honey and barn door on my craft sheet and spritzed with water, smeared a panel of watercolor paper, three times and dried with heat tool.  I stamped the leafs with the same colors all over in random order and cut into five strips.  Arranged them in order on my white cardstock base card and glued them with glue stick.

I stamped the sentiment with black ink onto vellum and colored in the letters with colorful markers to match the background leafs.  I stuck the sentiment on top of the leave panel with glue stick,  Glue stick is excellent for gluing down vellum, dries clear and cannot be noticed under the see through vellum.

I experimented with vellum a bit more, few days ago.   I squished wild honey, barn door and scattered straw onto craft sheet and spritzed with water.  I then smudged a vellum panel through the colors three times, drying with heat gun in between,  The vellum does curl but when you glue it down on paper it is all even.

Turn out excellent, dries and has same effects as if doing it on water color paper.  I then used my leaf die cut and cut out five of them.  I then glued them onto a project I was doing but did not like the outcome, so I cut the leafs out.   And now I am using one of them for this card.  I used pop dots to give the leaf dimension on the card..  I think when you glue the vellum onto white background makes the colors pop more.   On the leaf you see on my card that is the result of using distress inks with water.  Very cool.

I enjoyed making this card, I like when they are simple.  Makes me feel content.

Inks Used :- Ranger Distress inks - wild honey, barn door, scattered straw
Stamps Used :-  STAMPlorations - thankful, grateful set
Die Cut - MPress 3 in 1 nesting dies Leaves


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges :-

  • Just Us Girls - trend week - #258 water coloring (mine watercolor with distress inks)





















Thank you for stopping by and hope to hear from you soon

cya MOnika

20 comments:

  1. What a lovely fall card Monika! love that background - cut up and laid down off center - thanks for the tip of glue stick and vellum - never thought to use that and it's always such an issue to get the vellum down without the adhesive showing! Thank you for playing with the Mixed Media Card Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and such a wonderful design! You've rocked both challenges! I love the vellum sentiment too. I'm so glad you shared with us at the MMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out perfect Monika. Isn't it fun when you experiment with different techniques and elements and they turn out so well? So glad you chose to share it with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great result from all your experimenting. Is a wonderful feeling when something works well, don't you think? The colours are perfect for an autumnal theme.
    So glad you shared it with us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful fall card Monika! Love your use of vellum! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at MMCC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card Monika. You had a great idea and it turned out fabulous! Way to combine some awesome challenges too. The vellum sentiment was icing on the cake. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS use of the sketch and the watercoloring! I love your background~ Thanks for joining in with JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous - love that you colored in that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely warm autumn card, Monika! Excellent job getting that wild honey all over that barn door with excellent results! I love the leaf overstamping and how you used one as a focal point punctuation with your sediment banner!! Thank you for your tip on the glue stick!! And thank you for joining the challenge at Stamplorations!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhh ... I love the blend of the colors and the leaves. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot to say Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Monika. Love how you coloured your sentiment using this great autumn palette. Fab take on our sketch too. Thanks for joining us for both our sketch and our monthly challenge over at STAMPlorations. Good Luck! Monika DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. The effect you've created with your background is wonderful and I love your coloured in sentiment, picking out the same colours. Thanks for playing along at ATSM, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful background with great stamping. Love your mixed media card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card - love the colors you chose! Great tip on the glue stick with vellum - thanks!! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. pretty card! it feels like autumn! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a lovely fall card. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete