Monday, August 25, 2014

Untangle yourself from Life

G'day

Would you not want to untangle your worries, stress and everyday repeticious tasks.  Well I just found a way , it is called Zentangle.  I am on facebook and sometimes on my feed are these beautiful creatioins and I needed to find out how they were drawn.   So I goodled Zentangle and there you have a way to  get mesmerized and hypnotised by drawing with a 0.1 fine line pen and 3.5 inch sqaure paper and by using repetitious patterns you create this beautiful work of art.  Is so relaxing takes you into another world.

I have read that instead of making the usual card, create a Zentangle and incorporate it into the card.

Well this is what I came up with.  Is called a Nymph Flower.  Instead of adding in tangles I left it as it is.  Nice and simple.

Here is my card.  Click picture for detail of the flowers.



 

Simple to make.  I die cut a square and started drawing the Nymph flower, by following a tutorial on YouTube by Ellen Wolters (tanglepattern Nymph- Lovly laday has more tangle patterns to share).  I then die cut next size up square, pasted the pattern on and mounted pop dots on all four sides.  I wanted to prompt the pattern of the card front but have it receded.  I then die cut the front of the card with same square size as the pattern and tacked on the panel from inside the card.



I then used my score buddy to make indentend lines and used 0.1 fine line pen to outline the bars and also add a bit of shadow to the lines with a pencil.

I stamped the sentiment imagine (stamplorations - artful flutters) with stayzon (jet black) onto vellum sheet and cut it out and rounded the top corners.

Yes I finally found vellum sheets in Spotlight and I had to get some as everybody is using it for creations on their cards. I found stayzon, distress inks by Ranger are very good and they dry quickly on the vellum.  Versafine inks tend to smudge, even drying overnight.

I think I will be able to Zentangle on a vellum sheet, that would be cool. Must try soon.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges :-

STAMPlorations - bi-weekly sketch #18
Addicted to CAS - #45 code word : geometric
Addicted to Stamps & More - challenge #109 CAS
613 Avenue Create - challenge #86 anything goes


Before I go I would like to share with you my very first Zentangle. Click pic to see detail.  The pattern in the middle is called BetweedFew tangle patterns by Rick and Maria on their YouTube Channell.


Not perfect but it is a start and am enjoying the process but I still think I cannot draw.  This is close enough and not bad if I say so my self.


Thank you for stopping by and Have a Fantastic Day.....maybe Zantangle your way through the day.

Cheers MONika

7 comments:

  1. This looks a fabulous way to relax and sure makes for an amazing card. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS and ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the boxed pattern, A superb CAS card, thank you for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic. Good on you for having a go - you seem to be a natural. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pentangle card, Monika! Haven't tried that yet. Thanks so much for joining in with the STAMPlorations sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Zentangle and love how you've used it on your card. Mesmerizing. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Monika! Love how you incorporated Zentangle in your card! (I discovered Zentangle in 2008 and I've been tangling since -- it is very relaxing. The beauty of Zentangle is that you do not have to know how to draw! Your first attempt is great!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your zentangle card! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete