Saturday, April 26, 2014

Just one Little Querqy Quote

G'day

Janet from Once Upon (Facebook) is hosting a PAL (play along) based on a quote by Alice from the movie  - Alice in Wonderland (movie by Disney 1951).

Quote - "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.  Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't.  And contrary-wise;  What it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would.  You see?"

Here is my take on the quote.

I created a mixed media piece on a flat panel canvas.

I like to be unique in my artwork, mixing and matching different types of materials, sometimes makes sense sometimes nonsense, so I think Alice's quote sums up my creative status in this world of mine.

Here are pics of my canvas. Please click pics for detail.


 
The purpose of being handmade is imperfections, so please when observing this piece of canvas, nothing is straight, even or perfectly stenciled, that is how I see home made art, created by a human not a machine and I am sure some of you feel the same, even though I see your creations as perfect.

Anyways

I enjoyed creating this piece, I had this canvas already made up with god knows what, that did not work out, so I painted the canvas with black acrylic paint and with a sketch in mind originally from stamplorations challenge blog, this piece developed into a mixed media art based on Alice's Quote.



I recently bought Mont Marte modelling paste from a gift shop for $9.95, is the coolest thing I ever bought, wow, talk about texture. 
 

I used a stencil with gears and used one gear (my favorite) in each corner with modelling paste and when dried I sponged with distress inks, broken china and dusty concord, love the way turned out, color and some white showing from the paste.


 


From there I started adding embellishments, what ever came to mind and there you have the finished canvas that is nonsense, to me anyways.


I used stamps from STAMPlorations Patchwork Frenzy: Graphic Squares, to fill in a bit of a border.  It is the arrows on the left side of the canvas.


Click pic below to see the rest of the arrow border on each side.


I hope you liked my canvas piece, I certainly did enjoy putting the elements together, I love working in this state of mind and you know what, I could not sleep two nights ago, so from 1am to 4am I worked on this canvas and finished. 


I would like to enter my canvas piece to the following challenges:-

STAMPlorations challenge blog - bi-weekly sketch  challenge #10





Hope to hear your thoughts, cheers and thanks for stopping by.

MoNika

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monika, good to see you again at STAMPlorations! Your card is amazing - the colors, the embellishments, just everything! I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with our sketch! That paste is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete