Monday, November 25, 2013

Best Wishes Grid Card

G'day

A couple of days to myself and I have been able to create a card for CAS(E) this Sketch challenge #55


Here is my card






I think it cool cause I found this fiberglass tape for joining plaster boards.
Love how you can use this one. It is tacky on one side. Thus you can stick it on or stick it on and ink over and then take it off and tada...you have a grid....I made another card with this second technique, just so awesome.

Ok then.... I taped down the grid tape, sponge strips with distress ink in crushed olive and broken china....I think blue and green are cool together.  I then fussy cut my favorite blue flower and put on a pop dot for height and complemented with two smaller one flowers and glued them on, then added stick on jewels for a bit of sparkle.  Finally added a stamped sentiment with jet black ink.  Then I was thinking would it be nice to border off the grid....then thinking I have no blue twine...but then again I am stasher of yarn...thus I choose a light blue yarn and glued it around the grid....gotta get me some more twine in different colors....yarn a bit too thick i think.


Inks used : Tim Holtz distress inks - crushed olive and broken china

Stamps used : fiskars - floral fair, sentiment - part of a birthday set of clear stamps

I love this grid tape so cool....stay tuned for another card using this fiberglass tape.

Cheers
MOnika

1 comment: