Sunday, October 6, 2013

STAMPlorations Bi-Weekly Challenge

G'day

Shery at STAMPlorations Challenge blog has a new Bi-Weekly Challenge running from October 4th to October 23rd.

With any theme as a basis for the challenge I created a vintage type two toned Memory Travel Card

Here is my card I created for this challenge.  Click picture to view larger and more details, especially the embossing on the brown textured paper background card base.

Front and Inside




I enjoyed creating this card...not sure why the brown, but I was thinking of two toned at the time.  Embossing the front with the leaves folder for the cuttlebug, to give texture and go with the theme of flowers and leaves in the vintage type look. I then sponge with rustic hinge ink on top of the leaves to make them pop a bit...click image for the details.

I also cut a length of textured paper and stamped with smaller flowers and sponge edges with vintage sepia for the top and bottom border.

I then used the die cuts of square and scalloped circle to give definition and frame to the sentiment and flowers which I then edge sponged with vintage sepia.  The sentiment reminded me of the memories I hold whilst traveling on the road.  The flowers and leaves reminded me of the trees and pretty flowers planted along the roads and peoples homes I saw along the way.

I embellished the flowers with pearl stick on's. I then stuck textured paper on the inside of the card to allow for writing.


Inks Used :
Versafine - Vintage Sepia
Distress Inks (Tim Holtz) - Rustic Hinge
StazOn - Jet Black

Stamps Used :
Fiskars - Floral Flair
Cloud9 Design (clear stamps) - Simple Thoughts - Travel


There you have my wonderful travel in my mind themed card.


Here is Shery's sketch for the Challenge.


Please come and join STAMPloarations Bi-Weekly Challenge.  Is a lot of fun creating your own theme and anticipating being a winner or top pic......

Shery also has a facebook page called All About Scrapping...lots of cool stuff there and announcement of winners will be indicated as well....


I also share my scrapping on my facebook page which is called  



Well Ladies and Gents this is all for now....so join me in this new blog adventure, me stamping with a vengeance to share my creativity...please do follow my blog with google friend connect (click on the blue button that says Join This Site)...located top right of this blog and spread the word...thank you and much appreciated

ciao for now
MOnika


1 comment:

  1. Monika, I love the "metallic/bronze" look of this card! The embossing is gorgeous and so is the distressing. Great job creating this card based on the sketch!

    ~Shery
    http://stamplorations.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete